Thursday, April 8, 2010

revo i am so in love with you

hi folks,  we are gearing up for the auction, and the count down is on!!  I am so overwhelmed at all of the generosity in this town. thank you thank you thank you.  Last week I hung out with Peggi for a couple of hours during chemo.  It wasn't as scary as I thought.  It was nice to have a chance to catch up with Peggi and hear from her doctor that she is winning.  Tara from Bob Hoffman video joined us and we had some girl time.  I was so nervous for days knowing that I was going to meet them at chemo.  Mike was really sweet and did his best to distract me.    It wasn't  what I expected, we laughed and traded mascara secrets.  Apparently,  the bad part of chemo is how you feel the days following the treatment.  Two days later Peggi called me while I was out with some friends and said her numbers had improved drastically.  Her numbers let us know that she is getting better.  It was definitely a milestone in this path to OK that I have been hoping for all along.  After I hung up with her, I started crying.  It was the first time I cried.  I was too in shock to cry when she told me she had cancer and was putting "beat cancer" on her to do list.  I felt like helping would be so much more useful then crying.  I guess I felt like if I cried then I wasn't believing it would all be ok.  Now that things are more on the path to being OK it's so much easier to have happy tears.  Let's keep this revolution going!!  hugs suzanne  

No comments:

Post a Comment