Monday, April 19, 2010

REVO loves DJ Austin Hendrix

Austin is rad!!  He always has a great attitude and is really easy to hang out with.  I was stoked when he donated to REVO =)  thanks Austin!!  hugs s


Why Revo?

We are all in this business together, and when one of us needs a helping hand, we should all pitch in to aim for the best possible outcome.  I've always loved how for the most part everyone looks out for everyone else in this industry, and there is no reason why this idea can't translate to our personal lives.

Wedding story:

I sometimes DJ with a live drummer who matches his drumming in time to the song I am spinning.  One wedding he was on a short break outside to rest his arms and suddenly the uncle of the bride surprised us all by jumping behind the kit and playing for the next 25 minutes perfectly with my music.  He said he hadn't played in 5 years and it all just came back to him.  It was all unplanned but the bride and groom thought we had set it up to surprise them.  The dance floor was packed and the uncle got a standing ovation at the end of his set.

About me:

I believe DJs should add their style and musical interpretation and take nothing away from an event.  I don't speak on a microphone unless its called for, and I know how to read a crowd to change the play list to keep them on the dance floor.  I let the music get the crowd on their feet and don't make over the top announcements or play games.  I customize my play list for every client and with a list of a few songs I can build a play list for a whole event easily. 

--
DJ Austin Hendrix
www.austinhendrixproductions.com
www.facebook.com/pages/DJ-Austin-Hendrix
austinhendrix@gmail.com
619-865-6125 

No comments:

Post a Comment